Before something else comes up again and keeps me from posting it, here's the recipe:
Vegan White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 1/2 c heart-friendly vegan margarine
- 1/2 c unrefined sugar
- 1 c rolled oats
- 2/3 to 1 c sifted spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp egg replacer powder (you can use flax egg, if you prefer)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
- 1/2 c non-dairy milk
- 2/3 c chopped vegan white chocolate or vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c chopped almonds
Using a food processor, process the oats until fine, and set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar. Mix the milk and vanilla into the margarine-sugar mixture. Combine the dry ingredients, and gently mix them together with the wet mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips, cranberries and almonds.
Using wet hands, form the dough into balls, place on a baking sheet, and flatten gently. Alternatively, just drop the dough on the baking sheet by the spoonful.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I hope you all have a nice Sunday, and enjoy the last days of the Vegan MoFo! :)