Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Goodbye MoFo
I'm having major trouble uploading pictures today. After leaving them to upload on Blogger for almost two hours, I concluded it's just not going to happen.

Instead, I'll finish my first Vegan MoFo without any photos, and with a survey. I have seen this short questionnaire on various blogs during November, and have loved reading everyone's replies. :)

Here are mine:

What is one food you thought you’d miss when you went vegan, but don’t?
I'm in a slightly different position than many vegans, as I'm allergic to both eggs and dairy, and have never eaten much of either (specially eggs, which I can't tolerate at all). Therefore, going vegan only meant leaving out fish - and I knew for sure I wouldn't miss it. I still eat honey occasionally, however, which is why I don't call myself 100% vegan. I think honey is the one thing I would miss, if I became a "real" vegan.

What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now? 
Brussels sprouts.

What vegan dish or food you feel like you “should” like, but don’t? 
I'll have to say celery. I can't stand celery in any form, raw or cooked, and can detect it in every dish, including vegetable stock or bouillon powder. Another food I don't like is vegetable juice - I guess I just prefer my veggies in solid form.

What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day?
Water, without any doubt - but white tea and homemade (unsweetened) berry juice are also consumed in large amounts. 

What dish are you “famous” for making or bringing to gatherings? 
Blueberry cake, which I love because it always turns out great and is usually loved by vegans and non-vegans alike.

Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?
I can't think of any, but I'm sure my family could point out quite a few. I'm known to be a bit fanatic with food/hand hygiene, and I guess you could also call it a food rule that I generally don't like to combine sweet and savory things (I love the way the flavors blend in Asian cuisine; but with that exception, I prefer them separately).

What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home? 
Sweet granola - but we usually have unsweetened müsli instead.

What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged?
Seitan - mostly because the packaged kind is super expensive in Denmark, and it's easy to make at home.

What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get “the good stuff”? 
In my opinion, organic produce.

Are you much of a snacker? What are your favorite snacks? 
I don't snack all too much, but when I do, I love some crispbread, yoghurt, or dried fruits (figs are my favorite). I'll also admit that I do snack on dark chocolate at times...

What are your favorite vegan pizza toppings? 
Mushrooms, jalapenos, sundried tomatoes.

What is your favorite vegetable? Fruit? 
My favorite vegetable is probably broccoli. I eat more berries than fruit, but if it should be a "real" fruit, then maybe apples - those grown at home, small and juicy.

What is the best salad dressing? 
Often I just sprinkle some pumpkinseed oil on my salad - it's good as it is. You can spice it up with some lemon juice or vinegar and spices.

What is your favorite thing to put on toasted bread? 
If it's "white" bread, I like homemade jam, almond butter, chocolate, or vegemite/marmite. On rye bread, I prefer hummus, jalapeno, avocado, and crunchy veggies.

What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best?
Spicy lentil soup.

What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor? 
My favorite frosting is chocolate ganache, but I'm not sure of the cupcake flavor. If it can be a muffin, too, then I'd say cranberry or blueberry.

What is your favorite kind of cookie? 
Gingerbread or chocolate chip.

What is your most-loved “weeknight meal”? 
Probably Ethiopian lentil stew with berbere - it is so easy to make, and always delicious!

What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat? 
Brussels sprouts...

How long, in total, do you spend in the kitchen on an average day? 
It varies greatly. Sometimes I don't spend any time at all and only eat cereal (bad, bad - I know), and sometimes I bake for hours. Maybe average would be about one hour?

 ***

Wishing you all a nice end of Vegan MoFo! I have loved reading everyone's entries, and have found so many new, cool blogs to follow. I'm already looking forward to next year's Vegan MoFo, and hope I'll have a little more time to participate then. :) 

PS. I can't believe it's December tomorrow!!!
 
posted by Seglare at Tuesday, November 30, 2010 | Permalink |


10 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home