Monday, October 25, 2010
Frosty Mornings
I have been avoiding the W-word like plague, but I can't deny it much longer: we are inevitably going towards winter. There has been frost on the ground on a few mornings now, but yesterday was the first day when it lasted on the ground all day and had covered some of the trees as well.

As my parents live by the waterfront, our backyard doesn't easily get any frost (it seems like the open water works like a giant heater; and if there is frost on the back of the house, it means the night has been really cold) - while in front of the house, everything is white. As much as I wish the fall lasted forever and winter never came, I have to say that the frosty scenery is a beautiful sight to wake up to. I wonder if I'll get to see the first snow before returning to Denmark, too?

Here are a few pictures from the past few days. Can you tell that the temperature had not been quite as cold in the first picture vs. the second picture (same mushroom, different day)?










You can't really tell from the picture, but these are actually ice flowers on a completely dead, brown flower. Winter magic. ;)


I will be back later tonight with a Christmas-y fruit tart I made to celebrate Two Months to Christmas (!!). :)
 
posted by Seglare at Monday, October 25, 2010 | Permalink |


2 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home