Thursday, September 2, 2010
Missed Sunset
As I was biking home today, I saw the most beautiful sunset. The sky was painted in all shades pink, purple, and orange. I was in the city center where the buildings were blocking the view, so I decided to take a small detour to snap a picture. I turned my bike around, and rode to a bridge just out of the city, facing west and looking over the water.

Unfortunately, the fall has apparently arrived and the sun goes down fast. By the time I got to the bridge - less than 10 minutes later - the sun was down and darkness was falling. It's hard to believe that just about a month ago, you could enjoy light summer nights and the sun barely went down at all!

Modern harbor....



...meet the historic harbors.


Christianshavn
Nyhavn
I stayed for a while, admiring the city lights from the other side of the water - living in the city center, I rarely see it from there - and then biked back home via the waterfront.  Once home, I realized it was already 9 PM! I wonder if the hours also get shorter when the fall comes? I'm about to jump in a warm shower and get to bed.

I will leave you with a picture of some friendly monsters I met on my way today, in front on the city hall.

 
posted by Seglare at Thursday, September 02, 2010 | Permalink |


3 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home